Ambulatory Infection Prevention Coordinator
The Ambulatory Infection Prevention Coordinator is responsible for the collaborative approach and implementation of the ambulatory- specific infection prevention and quality program. This individual supports organizational quality and performance improvement initiatives, patient safety, regulatory and advancing evidenced based practices as directed by the entity Chief Quality and Patient Safety Officer.
- Assists with the Planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the Annual Infection Prevention Plan and Program as it pertains to the ambulatory clinics and outpatient care areas.
- Ensures all regulatory requirements are continually complied with including the public reporting of hospital acquired infections, reportable diseases, as it pertains to the ambulatory clinics and outpatient care areas.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates annual entity Infection Prevention Risk assessments - then facilitates the setting, prioritizing, meeting, and evaluating of aligned infection prevention specific goals as it pertains to the ambulatory clinics and outpatient care areas.
- Maintains Hand Hygiene Compliance as a top Infection Prevention goal for ambulatory services with monthly reports to the entity Board through the Quality Reporting Structure.
- Educates physicians and other practitioners in ambulatory services, identifies and engages with physician champions, and develops and implements standardized yet flexible evidence-based infection prevention and control strategies.
- Adheres to, maintains and complies with regulatory requirements and actively participates during on-site regulatory surveys.
- Supports development, implementation and ongoing improvement of clinical quality initiatives, using data abstraction and analysis.
- Assists in patient safety, regulatory, performance improvement, patient experience and other activities as assigned. Promotes and holds team accountable with patient safety activities that lead to high-reliability.
Minimum Education Required:
- Certified, Registered, or CredentialedMedical Assistant(CMA, RMA, or ABRE-OE)
- BLS - AHA
** Salary Starting at $45,958 - based off years of experience, you could qualify for more! **
- Associates Degree
- AZLicensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Expertise in infection prevention high preferred.
- Working knowledge of performance improvement/quality concepts preferred.
** Salary starting at $58,385 - based off years of experience, you could qualify for more! **
Minimum Experience Required:
- 5 Years of clinical experience required
- Working knowledge of data abstraction and data presentation preferred.
Work Schedule:8-hours, Days, Monday through Friday
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.