Director Health Information Management
**This position is able to be worked remotely on a case-by-case basis.**
Yuma Regional Medical Center (YRMC) is actively seeking an HIM Director (remote possible) to oversee our Hospital and Provider coding areas. The ideal candidate will have seven (7) or more years of hospital (acute care) coding experience as well as three (3) years of experience supervising a team. Remote supervisory experience is also a plus.
The Health Information Management (HIM) Director is responsible for oversight and planning for HIM management for inpatient, outpatient, and physician services records and coding. This individual monitors HIM goals and implements processes and strategies for the HIM department including scanning, Release of Information, duplicate medical records, transcription, and coding.
Yuma Regional Medical Center is a 406-bed facility located in sunny, southwestern Arizona. We have a main hospital campus, off-site cancer center, outpatient laboratory services, and numerous clinics as a part of our medical group, including a primary care facility in the Foothills - 41 locations in total.
- Develops and maintains controls within Health Information Management (HIM)
- Directs and develops high-functioning operations and coding teams that include supervisor and team lead levels that support delegation and oversight
- Continually asses and develop an organizational structure that supports high performance results
- Monitors and reports on key metrics, including but not limited to: coding A/R days in HB and PB, Release of Information turnaround, transcription turnaround, and coding accuracy
- Proactively perform root cause analyses and develop action plans when metrics do not meet internal goals or industry best practices
- Seven (7) or more years of related experience
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management (HIM)
- RHIA Certification
- AHIMA Certification
- Seven (7) or more years of hospital and/or physician coding experience; hospital (acute care) coding experience strongly preferred
- Experience leading a remote team
- Experience with an acute care hospital or health system
Work Schedule: 8-hours, Days, Monday through Friday
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.