Director Supply Chain Services
The Director of Supply Chain Services strategically plans, directs, and develops all supply chain services to meet operational and fiscal objectives as they relate to supplies, services, equipment, inventory management, logistics management, mail/distribution management, new technology assessment and other support management functions as directed; serves as an organizational resource for strategic contracting opportunities, value analysis, and procurement compliance; communicates opportunities, initiatives, progress, and management of spend opportunities to key stakeholders; communicates frequently with physician and nursing leadership to review value analysis opportunities, goals, and progress toward goals; provides the direction and support of the procurement process including providing internal communication to key stakeholders regarding procurement strategies; is accountable for human resource management, financial management, and quality management for department and programs within area of responsibility to support the mission, vision and strategic objectives of YRMC.
Fiscal Management Competency:
- Demonstrates a personal accountability for financial results through development of an annual budget and operational plan and management of performance based on plan.
- Engages staff in efforts to contain costs and improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of services. Understands the basics of health care financial management.
- Establishes budget targets for department, provides oversight for the process, and holds self and other individuals accountable for compliance with annual budget plan. Identifies program or service growth opportunities and methodologies to enhance revenues. Able to manage to a volume adjusted budget.
Customer Service Competency:
- Exhibits unyielding commitment to providing excellent service to patients, physicians, employees and other customers.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills through effective exchange of information with others, including written and oral communication, active listening, influencing the behavior of others and building personal rapport.
- Communicates with others in an open and friendly manner, while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- Exhibits strong interactive skills through a demonstration of respecting others' feelings, ideas and opinions; fosters an open interchange, displays a genuine understanding and acceptance of others.
- Demonstrates perceptivity regarding others' feelings, ideas and opinions.
- Responsible for assuring a respectful work environment. Promotes Patient & Family Centered Care. Sets the tone in the department by communicating values and attitudes that will significantly shape the culture of the group.
- Models appropriate behaviors and values; sets expectations for respectful behavior with all employees. Supports collaboration between patients, families, health care practitioners, and health care leaders in policy and program development, implementation, and evaluation; in facility design; professional education, and delivery of care.
Operational Management / Quality in Everything We Do Competency:
- Exhibits a commitment to operational management and completing tasks through personal initiative, persistence. Demonstrates an ability to plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize, balance workload and follow through to achieve institutional and individual goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates use of good judgments and sound decision making (common sense, intuition, data collection, analytical skills, impact evaluation, communications) to systematically address problems, define alternate solutions, negotiate and facilitate implementation of solutions.
- Able to balance need for consensus and involvement with need for decisiveness and action. Provides consistent and open encouragement to trying new and creative approaches, yet willing to make a decision and take a stand.
- Contributes new ideas and new ways of thinking to improve departmental performance and services.
- Identifies need for change and develops/accepts creative approaches and solutions.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, and by challenging processes, eliminates inefficient/ineffective procedures and waste by collaborating with co-workers or across departments to improve processes.
- Implements an effective and on-going program to monitor, evaluate and improve the quality of services delivered.
- With the assistance of direct reports, develops processes and procedures which are effective, efficient and aligned with organizational goals and values.
- Responsible for coordinating and integrating intra-hospital services.
- Ensures division has qualified staff and needed resources in order to deliver safe quality care and outcomes. Establishes performance standards with which to measure effectiveness and efficiency of services.
System Thinking Competency:
- Ability to see how individual actions contribute to the overall good of the institution. Understands and is able to communicate how individual and department goals overlap with YRMC's goals.
- Demonstrates commitment for the good of the organization while maintaining congruence with commitment to the department.
- Able to recognize and use information about organizational climate and key individuals to accomplish legitimate organizational goals.
- Aware of the importance of timing, politics and group processes in managing change.
- Able to balance department needs with the hospital needs. Skillful at reconciling the two without sacrificing the critical needs of either.
- Works collaboratively with a variety of key stakeholders to achieve team, department and YRMC's goals
Human Resources Management Competency:
- Able to develop others through setting clear expectations, mentoring and coaching, and holding others accountable for results
- Utilizing work force analysis, identifies required competencies needed for effective management of human resources and is able to identify short and long-term staffing needs.
- Conducts oneself in an honest, credible, trustworthy manner consistent with YRMC's values.
- Demonstrates an integration of values, beliefs, attitudes and behaviors through an acceptance of responsibility and accountability for individual's own actions.
- Ensures that the work force has the necessary skills to accomplish the work required to achieve the objectives of the department. Partners with Human Resources to develop long-term human resource plans, anticipating future needs and developing employees able to meet those challenges. Fosters an open working environment for easy access to express ideas and concerns.
- Demonstrates and expects open communications. Promotes an environment that is open and collaborative while keeping the team focused on a common goal. Builds rapport, encourages teamwork, creates an environment where employees may feel empowered.
- Leverage the unique system capabilities (hospital and community providers) to increase value for external and internal customers and eliminate barriers to care.
- Participate in community involvement.
- Champion community involvement in the department and throughout the organization.
- Promote and encourage community involvement throughout the department. Incorporate community goals in overall departmental goals.
- Demonstrate involvement in community events and hospital partnerships. Maintains appropriate continued education as it relates to the role.
REQUIRED: 10+ years related; 5+ years supervisory experience
Fleet /Samba Safety
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.