Manager Coding - Hospital & ED
The Coding Manager controls the coding working flow on either the HB or PB side of Epic; Assists Coder I’s and Coder II’s in the correct selection of ICD-10-CM and CPT codes to ensure timely and accurate coding of patient accounts; Ensures Coder I’s and Coder II’s have access and understand the use of Epic, 3M, and Encoder ProPlus; Ensures that Physicians, Physician Coder Liaison, and PFS understand E/M audits and charge capture issues; Maintains coding competency to perform accurate coding and billing; Monitoring and reporting of HIM Coding team goals.
- Monitors and reports on key coding metrics, to include Coding Days in HB.
- Educates coders, physicians, and PFS on coding issues to ensure correct and compliant payment.
- Ensures standardization of coding processes across all established work queues.
- Participates and assists IT with new work queue set up as new providers are on boarded.
- Manages coders and workloads between YRMC coders and vendor coders.
- Codes and bills patient accounts in HB work queues as the need arises.
- Other duties as assigned.
5+ Years of related experience
1+ Years Supervisory Expereince
Work Schedule: 8-hours, Days, Monday through Friday
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.