Manager Laboratory - Histology - Lab - Full Time - Days
Working with a team of professionals who consistently raise the bar and look for process improvement opportunities, the Laboratory at YRMC offers a diverse workforce and the ability to work in all specialties within the lab. Our Laboratory Director speaks to the positivity of the culture and the future state-of-the-art laboratory that is anticipated to begin being built in 2022. We are excited to see the future of the lab and would invite you to interview and see if where we are going may be a fit for you!
- The Histology Manager provides leadership to the Histology team comprised of Histology Technologists , Assistants, and Histology Clerical Staff.
- Leads the Histology team to meet the needs of patients, physicians, and staff by ensuring excellence in all aspects of laboratory operations.
- Provides oversight and training of the administration of the Pathology Information System.
- Ensures appropriate staffing and productivity levels, develops/monitors performance and productivity improvement, safety, quality and regulatory standards.
- Ensures excellence in customer service and achievement of budgetary goals; manages continuous improvement of section’s processes and functions.
- Responsible for fiscal management of the section, including forecasting and monitoring of operating performance.
- Identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of service.
- Involved in section’s human resources and employee relations.
- Provides on-going training and professional development of staff.
- Adheres to state and federal rules and regulations; ensures compliance with CAP, other federal, state and local agencies.
- Performs clinical and related duties as required
- Reports to Admin Director, Laboratory Services.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- 1+ years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Laboratory Technology.
- Histotechnologist (HTL) - ASCP Certification.
- Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) ASCP Certification OR Medical Technologist (MT) ASCP Certification.
Work Schedule: 8-hours, Days, Monday through Friday
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.