Medical Lab Scientist Lead - Chemistry- Full Time - Days
Working with a team of professionals who consistently raise the bar and look for process improvement opportunities, the Laboratory at YRMC offers a diverse workforce and the ability to work in all specialties within the lab. Our Laboratory Director speaks to the positivity of the culture and the future state-of-the-art laboratory that is anticipated to begin being built in 2021. We are excited to see the future of the lab and would invite you to interview and see if where we are going may be a fit for you!
- In addition to the job duties assigned the Medical Lab Scientist, the Lead is responsible for participating in the hiring, scheduling, training and collaboration of the laboratory team with other areas of the department and hospital.
- Promotes an environment that is open and collaborative while keeping the team focused on a common goal.
- The Medical Laboratory Scientist Lead provides comprehensive laboratory testing for patients.
- The position consists of ensuring the patient's laboratory results are accurate, timely and with quality.
- The Medical Laboratory Scientist performs quantitative, qualitative and subjective lab procedures by manual and automated methods for inpatient and outpatients in all disciplines of the lab i.e. Microbiology, Serology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Hematology, Blood bank, and phlebotomy as needed.
- 2+ years of related experience
- Bachelors Degree in a Lab Science
- ASCP - MLS or AMT-MT Certification
Work Schedule: 8-hours, Evenings, Monday through Friday
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.