Medical Lab Scientist Lead
The Medical Lab Scientist Lead performs quantitative, qualitative and subjective lab procedures by manual and automated methods for inpatient and outpatients in all disciplines of the lab i.e. Microbiology, Serology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Hematology, Blood bank, and phlebotomy as needed; Accurately performs Quality Assurance, calibrations, and Quality control processes; Consistently participates in and supports CAP compliance; Performs routing and specialty testing for patients of all age groups.
- Performs quality specimen processing, evaluation and results reporting and critical value interpretation.
- Performs daily instrument maintenance, troubleshooting and resolving specimen integrity problems.
- Participates in Quality Assurance, Calibrations, and Quality Control processes; Maintains knowledge and interpretation of critical values.
- Assists supervisors with development, review, and revisions of policies and employee schedules.
- Performs initial and ongoing competency assessment and tracking and completion - Initial and ongoing. Assists with Reagent and Supply Inventory Management and identification of capital equipment needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 10-hours, Varied, Varied
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.