Medical Lab Scientist
Working with a team of professionals who consistently raise the bar and look for process improvement opportunities, the Laboratory at YRMC offers a diverse workforce and the ability to work in all specialties within the lab. Our Laboratory Director speaks to the positivity of the culture and the future state-of-the-art laboratory that is anticipated to begin being built in 2021. We are excited to see the future of the lab and would invite you to interview and see if where we are going may be a fit for you!
Do you enjoy working independently, but shoulder-to-shoulder with a dynamic, successful team? Have you been a part of a large laboratory, perhaps rotating across numerous specialties, and would like to continue to grow that skillset? Our laboratory staff have exposure to all areas of the lab and are welcomed and encouraged to cross train. Medical Laboratory Scientists or Medical Technologists perform in many laboratory disciplines to include Microbiology, Serology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Hematology, and Blood Bank. Active participation in CAP compliance and routine and specialty testing for patients of all age groups.
· Bachelor's degree in Laboratory Science / related field or five (5) or more years of experience as a MLS
· MLS or MT - ASCP certified
· Six (6) months of clinical experience or successful completion of a six-month clinical rotation within an MLS/MT program
· One (1) or more national certifications in lab
· Two (2) or more years of experience as a Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist in an acute care setting
Work Schedule: 10-hours, Varied, Varied
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.