Wellness Specialist (COTA or PTA) - Employee Health and Wellbeing - Full Time - Days
Our Employee Health and Wellbeing department is staffed with individuals who are here to keep our Team Members and Workforce Members healthy and see to their overall state of wellbeing. This includes hosting numerous wellness events throughout the year, offering ergonomics assessments and health coaching, as well as a variety of other services.
The Wellness Specialist is a health and fitness focused individual who enjoys working both 1:1 with employees assisting them with health coaching, meal planning, and exercise advisement as well as working with the larger employee base and community assisting with community and YRMC employee-based events.
This position offers the opportunity for someone to design, create, and build his or her own health program within a larger organization.
- Develops Ergonomics program for YRMC which would include: ergonomics evaluations, training classes, equipment needs and collateral materials
- Acts as liaison for the Safe Patient team with internal stakeholders
- Regular availability to provide coaching and fostering a safe patient handling and non-patient area environments Develops and facilitates health/wellness programs for internal and community wellness programs
- Provides 1:1 health coaching including areas such as stress, eating, physical activity
- Assists Employee Health during high volume times with non-clinical tasks
- One (1) or more years of related experience
- Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) or Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA)
- Experience 1:1 health coaching
- Experience doing ergonomic assessments
- Experience within a corporate environment providing wellness and wellbeing training and feedback
Work Schedule: 8-hours, Days, Monday through Friday
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.