Work Status Details: REGULAR FULL TIME | 80.00 Hours Every Two Weeks
Pay Rate Type: Hourly
Listed is the base hiring salary range offered for this position. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors, including but not limited to skills and experience. The salary range listed is just one component of the total rewards/compensation package offered to candidates.
Min = $23.0414
Mid = $28.8018
This position aims to give employee practical experience and is intended to fill Registered Dietitian role once licensure has been received. Under the supervision of the Registered Dietitian, The Dietitian Extern is responsible for providing nutrition services to a variety of specialty clinics as well as outpatients by referral from healthcare providers; emphasizes the implementation of best practices consistent with the principles and values put forth by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; is a team member with other healthcare professionals working to advance the health of each patient and the community through optimal lifestyle practices; works collaboratively with other clinical staff to meet patient and family need (i.e., a multidisciplinary approach to care).
1. Works collaboratively with YRMC Clinical Service Lines (CSL) to assist with developing, implementing and executing a marketing and community education plan that builds awareness and referrals for hospital services
2. Identifies and implements appropriate, purposefully planned actions designed with the intent of changing a nutrition-related behavior, risk factor, environmental condition, or aspect of health status for an individual, target group, or the community at large
3. Monitors and evaluates indicators and outcomes data directly related to the nutrition diagnosis, goals, and intervention strategies to determine the progress made in achieving desired outcomes of nutrition care and whether planned interventions should be continued or revised
4. Prepares content for support group in English and Spanish
5. Documents notes in EPIC and places copy in chart
6. Researches information for evaluations, nutritional visits, panniculectomy, etc.
7. Other duties as assigned
(Please check the RDN website for changes effective January 1, 2024)
** In order to be approved for registration examination eligibility with a bachelor’s degree, an individual must meet all eligibility requirements and be submitted into CDR’s Registration Eligibility Processing System (REPS) before 12:00 midnight CT, December 31, 2023.
Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, health or related field.
- Provide documentation of Registered Dietitian eligible status upon completion of internship.
- Provide documentation of successful completion of Registered Dietitian Registration within 6 months
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, health or related field.
- Exceptional communication, problem-solving, public speaking, and listening skills
Why Yuma Regional Medical Center?
Yuma Regional Medical Center (YRMC) is located in Yuma, AZ. Our purpose is building a healthier tomorrow. We strive by putting patients first as they are the center of every decision and action we take. YRMC is rooted in the community by living and breathing the dynamic nature of our region. Being committed to progress by constantly and consistently advancing healthcare, creating meaningful experiences and improving the lives of everyone around us.
Bring Kindness | Achieve Together | Aspire For Better | Do The Right Thing | Lead With Optimism |
About Yuma, AZ
Named by the Guinness World Records as the Sunniest City on Earth with winters averaging temperatures of 70 degrees, sunny days and cooler nights.
Yuma, Arizona is a place to explore the great outdoors with hiking, jet skiing, boating and off-roading. Don’t forget to soak up the sun at the great Colorado River or one of Yuma’s many lakes.
Yuma is centrally located in Southwest Arizona, within a short drive to many popular attractions and destinations.
Bring your skills to one of the sunniest places on earth - Yuma, AZ!
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you up on interview.