Director System Safety - Safety - Full Time - Days
Yuma Regional Medical Center is a not-for-profit hospital with a remarkable team of 2,400 caring professionals. As nurses, physicians, technicians, specialists and volunteers from all different backgrounds, we are united by our commitment to excellence in providing state-of-the-art medical care to our community. Our 406-bed facility and close-knit community provide us the advantage of delivering high-quality care to every patient.
Yuma, AZ is a vibrant community situated in the southwest corner of Arizona home to about 200,000 residents. Thanks to the ideal weather (averaging 310 days of sunshine a year), residents can enjoy outdoor activities year-round. Our one of a kind community has a family-friendly and diverse community with great schools, dozens of parks and plenty of outdoor activities. Yuma as well is only 180 miles from San Diego and Phoenix.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance that starts on your first day of employment.
- Competitive Paid Time Off, Sick and Illness Leave.
- 401k with company match that is vested on your first day of employment.
- Relocation and Housing Assistance with 3 months of paid furnished housing.
The Director System Safety ensures patient, visitor and staff safety across the entire YRMC healthcare system and is the subject matter expert for all YRMC safety initiatives.
- Through effective leadership provides hands-on participation, development and education of staff regarding Safety protocols for the facility.
- Provides a planned, systematic, institutional approach for identification, design, measurement, prioritization, and monitoring of safety initiatives and achievement, and maintenance of readiness for CMS, Arizona Department of Health and other regulatory or accreditation surveys.
- Has responsibility for OSHA, NFPA and DNV compliance. In addition, oversees the Hazardous Materials collection, tracking and disposal.
- Implements, maintains, and evaluates emergency preparedness activities and functions for the organization and must maintain compliance with Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP) grant guidelines as set forth by the Arizona Department of Health Services and The Department for Homeland Security.
- Provides direction and oversight for the Hospital Security Services. Knowledgeable in Video Surveillance & Card Control Access systems & Security response protocols. Protects & Safeguards all Hospital assets. Liaison with local city & county Law Enforcement & Emergency Response divisions.
- Collaborates with department directors, employees, volunteers and physicians throughout the institution to exceed recognized industry standards for safety.
- Requires a high degree of analytic ability and inductive/deductive thinking to devise new approaches to deal with highly complex and/or previously unsolved problems and to intervene and take corrective action as necessary. Successful candidate will have a history of emergency situation management with a strong ability to problem solve fast moving environments.
- 7+ years of related experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Related Field
Work Schedule: 8-hours, Days, Monday through Friday
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.