Executive Director Cancer Center
|Executive Director Cancer Center|
|Yuma Regional Cancer Center|
|1320 W. 24th Street|
|The Executive Director of the Cancer Center is responsible for providing administrative leadership for all outpatient cancer services at YRMC. The Executive Director is accountable for managing an integrated oncology program to include medical oncology, radiation oncology, supportive oncology services, patient navigation, clinical trials, institutional research and cancer registry. The Executive Director will also share dyad leadership responsibility with the Medical Directors of Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology. The Executive Director serves as the service line leader as it relates to daily operations, personnel supervision, physician relationships, quality improvement initiatives, supply cost controls, and care transitions. The incumbent works closely with inpatient clinical staff, laboratory, imaging, financial services and other key supportive departments participating in oncology services and is accountable for human resource management, financial management, and quality management in support of the mission, vision and strategic objectives of YRMC. The Executive Director manages collaboratively through matrix relationships with other departments in a dynamic care environment. The Executive Director reports to the Vice President, Ambulatory Operations.|
|Cancer Center - Administration|
| Education Required: |
Master’s Degree in Business, Management, Economics, Healthcare Administration, Biomedical Sciences, Nursing or related field.
| Experience Required: |
5 years of progressive leadership experience in a complex, multi-service organization. Computer proficiency (must be able to pass computer proficiency assessment).
To be successful in this position, the incumbent must demonstrate:
* Strong communication skills with the ability to motivate others.
* Visionary leadership and consensus builder who can manage change.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Extremely well-developed relationship building and facilitation skills.
* Strong team building and team development skills.
* Strong strategic planning and quality improvement skills.
5+ years of leadership in an Oncology program approved by the American College of Surgeons, familiarity with approval requirements, and responsibility for maintaining program approval. Experience in successful oncology program development. Experience in working in or developing matrix organizations in a competitive healthcare environment.
* A collaborative team player and colleague who can work closely with others in a team-oriented setting.
* Someone who can quickly establish credibility with physicians and other medical professionals based upon his/her personal characteristics
* An open, flexible person who can deal with ambiguity and change.
* Someone who is inquisitive and who has a spirit of learning and who challenges the status quo and others around them.
* A leader with vision, who can strive for excellence and the development of a world class organization.
* A charismatic leader who leads and enriches more than manages.
* A person of integrity, who is confident, secure, relaxed and positive in their approach to issues and people.