Lab Technical Assistant - Lab - Full Time - Days
Working with a team of professionals who consistently raise the bar and look for process improvement opportunities, the Laboratory at YRMC offers a diverse workforce and the ability to work in all specialties within the lab. Our Laboratory Director speaks to the positivity of the culture and the future state-of-the-art laboratory that is anticipated to begin being built in 2021. We are excited to see the future of the lab and would invite you to interview and see if where we are going may be a fit for you!
The Medical Lab Assistant is responsible for laboratory clerical, technical, and inventory management support while adhering to standards of practice and universal precautions. Performs expanded laboratory clerical and technical pre-analytical and post-analytical duties in support of laboratory area.
- Performs pre-analytical and post-analytical duties in support of laboratory area; Prepares, tracks, loads and reports samples/specimens in compliance with department policy; Works closely with the Technologists and departmental leadership to resolve problems with specimen handling and tracking; Assists with correlation/validation specimen procurement and data entry/transcription.
- Performs department specific duties which may include testing and reporting the results of a limited number of tests under the direct supervision of the department supervisor, technologists or technicians.
- Adheres to the department's test procedures and alerts the appropriate person when a problem occurs. Performs daily quality control procedures as determined by the department requirements; Checks and records lot numbers and expiration dates of reagents and controls; Calibrates selected instruments; Reconstitutes QC material and calibrators.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly preventive maintenance on selected instruments in the department; Conducts troubleshooting of instruments and alerts the appropriate person when problems arise; Documents temperatures, instrument maintenance as required, per department policy; Assists the department's Clinical Supervisor with preparation of quality assurance reports, monthly reports and other clerical duties.
- Performs and tracks the inventory counts and places supply orders for the department/section as requested. Checks the ordered reagents/supplies when they arrive to make sure the order is complete and places the arrival date on all items; Stocks and rotates the department reagents/supplies to ensure that reagents and materials are used based on the expiration dating of the reagents/supplies; Exercises fiscal responsibility by ensuring proper inventory control as defined by the department's leader.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 0 Years of Related Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- ASCP - MLA
Work Schedule: 8-hours, Varied, Monday through Friday
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.