Manager Laboratory - Hematology Coag
Working with a team of professionals who consistently raise the bar and look for process improvement opportunities, the Laboratory at YRMC offers a diverse workforce and the ability to work in all specialties within the lab. Our Laboratory Director speaks to the positivity of the culture and the future state-of-the-art laboratory that is anticipated to begin being built in 2021. We are excited to see the future of the lab and would invite you to interview and see if where we are going may be a fit for you!
The Manager Laboratory provides leadership oversight to Technologist, Technicians, Clinical Lab Associates to meet the needs of patients, physicians, and staff by ensuring excellence in all aspects of laboratory operations; Conducts competency assessments; Maintains compliance with all Quality Assurance and Control processes; Manages the Department to ensure staffing, productivity level, and develop/monitors performance improvement, training, safety, quality, and regulatory standards; Ensures budgetary goals are met and continuous improvement processes are taught and supported; Monitors quantitative, qualitative and subjective lab procedures by manual and automated methods for inpatient and outpatients in all disciplines of the lab; Accountable for adherence to state and federal rules and regulations; Ensures compliance with CAP, Federal, State, and Local agencies.
- Monitors daily quality of work flow and results, identify obstacles and assists in resolving.
- Maintains staffing, schedules, training, competency assessments, and daily maintenance, troubleshooting and resolving specimen integrity and equipment issues.
- Leads continuous improvement and regulatory compliance processes.
- Oversees Quality Assurance, Calibrations, and Quality Control processes.
- Ensures adequate staffing of the lab; Participates in interviewing and new hire selections.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED: 5+ years related; 1+ years supervisory experience; ASCP MT or ASCP MLS
Work Schedule: 8-hours, Days, Varied
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.