Pharmacist Specialist - Sterile Compounding
Work Status Details: REGULAR FULL TIME | 80.00 Hours Every Two Weeks
Pay Rate Type: Hourly
Listed is the base hiring salary range offered for this position. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors, including but not limited to skills and experience. The salary range listed is just one component of the total rewards/compensation package offered to candidates.
Min = $59.7635
Mid = $74.7044
The Pharmacist Specialist ensures the delivery of high quality patient care to respective specialty area. The Pharmacist Specialist is also focused on continuous staff development through direct mentoring and leadership of pharmacy staff in designated specialty area and customizing education to improve patient outcomes and employee engagement.
Why Yuma Regional Medical Center?
Yuma Regional Medical Center (YRMC) is located in Yuma, AZ. Our purpose is building a healthier tomorrow. We strive by putting patients first as they are the center of every decision and action we take. YRMC is rooted in the community by living and breathing the dynamic nature of our region. Being committed to progress by constantly and consistently advancing healthcare, creating meaningful experiences and improving the lives of everyone around us.
Bring Kindness | Achieve Together | Aspire For Better | Do The Right Thing | Lead With Optimism |
About Yuma, AZ
Named by the Guinness World Records as the Sunniest City on Earth with winters averaging temperatures of 70 degrees, sunny days and cooler nights.
Yuma, Arizona is a place to explore the great outdoors with hiking, jet skiing, boating and off-roading. Don’t forget to soak up the sun at the great Colorado River or one of Yuma’s many lakes.
Yuma is centrally located in Southwest Arizona, within a short drive to many popular attractions and destinations.
Bring your skills to one of the sunniest places on earth - Yuma, AZ!
1) Provide patient and pharmaceutical care including but not limited to evaluation of medication therapy, clarification of orders with providers and verification of orders within the electronic health record.
2) Provide direct oversite of the pharmacist and pharmacy technician team working in specialty area which would include addressing work flow issues, implementing and evaluating process improvements and maintaining compliance with regulatory and accreditation bodies.
3) Acts in a collaborative role with the medical staff, hospital staff, and department leadership to improve patient care and operational efficiency.
4) Continuous involvement as a Pharmacy Department representative in interdisciplinary committees for protocol development, policy and procedure review, and report out of pertinent information to leadership and pharmacy team.
5) Develops and implements educational programs for pharmacists, pharmacy residents, and pharmacy students as it relates to designated specialty area.
6) Participates in central pharmacy dispensing and verification activities as needed.
7) Other duties as assigned.
* CERTIFIED STERILE COMPOUNDING PHARMACIST (BCSCP)
* BACHELOR'S DEGREE
REQUIRED: Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy plus five years' experience where over 50% of time was involved with patient care in specialty area OR
PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency and minimum of 3 years acute care experience OR
PGY-2 residency in specialty area
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you up on interview.