Plant Operator - Plant Operations - Full Time Days
The Plant Operator runs and maintains power plants, related equipment, and systems throughout the hospital and other YRMC facilities and performs facilities maintenance tasks as required. The Plant Operator is responsible for facility documenting and record keeping of appropriate data, audits, shift changes, and material logs.
- Completes Maintenance Work Orders and preventative maintenance correctly and in a reasonable length of time as demonstrated by inspection.
- Operates and maintains steam boilers, air compressors, vacuum pumps, centrifugal chillers, absorption chillers, cooling towers, pumps, air handling equipment, water softeners, and other power plant equipment; operates emergency generators under load once each month and without load all other weeks in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains logs as demonstrated by audit; performs fan room checks on each shift and records appropriate data as required as demonstrated by documentation.
- Maintains plant operation shift logs including shift change documentation, equipment failure records, and changeover of equipment records; records appropriate meter, gauge, and temperature data shall also be logged; performs inspection of the power plant daily intervals as assigned as demonstrated by documentation.
- Responds to temperature adjustment requests and other maintenance requests relating to patient comfort or convenience as evidenced by customer feedback and documentation.
- Records time and materials according to departmental standards as demonstrated by audit and documentation.
- Keeps work areas and storage areas clean and uncluttered; secures all tools; cleans and maintains tools in proper working condition.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of relocated experience
- High School Diploma
Work Schedule: 8-hours, Varied, Varied
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.